Travel & accommodation
The Edge, State Library of Queensland
The Symposium will be held 14-15 November 2019 at The Edge, State Library of Queensland in Brisbane’s South Bank cultural precinct.
- Parking: Paid parking is available at the Stanley Place car park, directly under State Library of Queensland.
- Bus: Cultural Centre Busway Station in Melbourne Street.
- Train: South Brisbane Station, corner of Melbourne and Grey Streets.
- Ferry: The CityCat and City Ferry terminals are located at South Bank 1 CityCat terminal.
Details of annual Fellows’ events can be found on the Fellows’ events page.
There are many accommodation options in Brisbane within walking distance to the Symposium venue.
Discounted accommodation rates are available for Symposium delegates and Fellows’ attending our annual events. Delegates may be asked to provide confirmation they have registered for Symposium and Fellows’ events.
Mantra South Bank Brisbane is offering 10% discount on daily rates based on the following terms and conditions:
- The promo code is only valid to bookings made online by Wednesday 9 October 2019.
- The discount applies for any room booking between Saturday 9 November 2019 to Sunday 17 November 2019.
- Rooms are subject to availability.
- Please visit Mantra’s website for full terms and conditions.
To book, visit Mantra Hotel’s website and select Brisbane as the destination and Mantra South Bank Brisbane as the property. Then enter check-in and check-out rates and include the promo code AAOTH to apply the discount across a range of room options.
About the image
Detail from Jon Cattapan’s ‘The Group Discusses’ (2002). Reproduced with kind permission of the artist.