The main Symposium program will be held 14-15 November 2019 at The Edge, State Library of Queensland in Brisbane’s South Bank cultural precinct.
Getting to the venue
- Parking: Paid parking is available at the Stanley Place car park, directly under State Library of Queensland.
- Bus: Cultural Centre Busway Station in Melbourne Street.
- Train: South Brisbane Station, corner of Melbourne and Grey Streets.
- Ferry: The CityCat and City Ferry terminals are located at South Bank 1 CityCat terminal.
Details of annual Fellows’ events can be found on the Fellows’ events page.
Discounted accommodation rates are available for Symposium delegates and Fellows attending our annual events. Delegates may be asked to provide confirmation they have registered for Symposium and Fellows’ events.
Mercure Brisbane & Ibis Brisbane
For discounted delegate rates for Mercure Brisbane or Ibis Brisbane hotels, visit their booking website and do not change the codes SCP1162124 and AU652AU557. Under ‘destination’ enter Mercure Brisbane or Ibis Brisbane, enter your check-in and check-out dates, select your accommodation options and complete the booking.
Discounted delegate rates are available for the following hotels:
- Adina Apartment Hotel Brisbane
- Adina Apartment Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square
- Gambaro Hotel Brisbane
- The Calile Hotel Brisbane
- Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane
To book, visit their website and do not change the promotional code TH123633537. Under ‘hotel’ select your preferred Brisbane hotel, enter your check-in and check-out dates, select your accommodation options and complete the booking.
Brisbane’s Airtrain service offers train travel from the domestic and international airports to Brisbane city and South Bank. Discounted return tickets of $30 are available to delegates for travel from 4-18 November 2019.
Purchase tickets online
- Go to www.airtrain.com.au
- Select the book tickets button
- Select from destination as the Airport Domestic or Airport International
- Select to destination as Brisbane and choose one of the city stations
- Select return button
- Choose departure and return date
- Select the amount of passengers
- Enter passenger details
- Select Credit Card or Paypal
- Enter the promotional code AAH50 in the Promo Code section
- Enter payment details
- Select the check boxes and press the confirm booking button
You will receive confirmation to your email address. This confirmation email will contain the ticket for presenting and scanning at the station, tax invoice, and the relevant terms and conditions of your travel. We recommend when booking to take note of the booking reference number in case it is needed to contact Airtrain’s reservations team.
Purchase tickets at the Airport Station
You can also download and print the conference letter to purchase tickets at the Airtrain sale points (domestic Qantas and Virgin baggage claim areas) or at either Airport Station. To claim the discounted tickets, please present a copy of the conference letter to show to staff.
Airtrain terms and conditions
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-changeable.
- Your city ticket is valid for travel to and from all stations between the Airport and South Brisbane, including Eagle Junction, Wooloowin, Albion, Bowen Hills, Fortitude Valley, Central and Roma Street stations.
- See Airtrain’s website for full terms and conditions.
eatSouthBank cards will be available from the Symposium registration desk. These cards provide a number of discounts, special offers and what’s on in Brisbane’s South Bank precinct.
About the image
Detail from Jon Cattapan’s ‘The Group Discusses’ (2002). Reproduced with kind permission of the artist.