Venues, hotels & travel
The Wednesday public lecture and reception will be held at the Lawrence Wilson Art Gallery at The University of Western Australia, 35 Stirling Highway, Crawley.
On Thursday and Friday, Symposium and the Annual Academy Lecture will be held at the WA Maritime Museum on Peter Hughes Drive, Victoria Quay, Fremantle.
Details of venues for Fellows only events can be found here.
The Esplanade Hotel Fremantle – by Rydges is offering a special accommodation rate for delegates of $190 per night (room only, with an optional $20 per day for full breakfast). To book, contact the Hotel’s Group Reservations Supervisor Stephen Jackson direct on (08) 9432-4000 or Stephen_jackson@evt.com and inform him that you are registered to attend the Australian Academy of the Humanities’ Symposium.
Other options in Fremantle within easy walking distance to the WA Martime Museum:
There are a range of transport options available.
- From Perth airport: approximately 45-minutes
- From Perth city: approximately 30-minutes
- Taxis: Black and White Taxis (phone 13 10 08) and Swan Taxis (phone 13 13 30)
Museum drop off point: Main entrance on Peter Hughes Drive, Victoria Quay Fremantle.
Museum parking: City of Fremantle car park at the WA Maritime Museum, at an hourly rate.
Fremantle public transport
- The Fremantle CAT (Central Area Transit) is a free bus service that operates around Fremantle’s central business district. The blue CAT services depart every 10 minutes and the red CAT services depart every 15 minutes.
- For all other public transport options, refer to Transperth website to plan your journey.