Languages and Cultures Network for Australian Universities' 4th National Colloquium
Date: 27 to 29 November, 2017
Location: The University of Adelaide, South Australia
Overview: The 4th National LCNAU Colloquium, to be held at The University of Adelaide on the theme 'Intersections: Collaboration and the Future for Languages and Cultures'.
Issues to be explored include:
- Current trends in languages policy, nationally and internationally
- Maintaining student pathways in languages and cultures
- The language‐culture nexus: maintaining the balance
- The teaching‐research nexus: collaborative approaches for fostering research in languages and cultures
- Innovative practices in Technology Enhanced Language Learning and Digital Humanities
- Collaborative models of teaching and learning in languages and/or cultures: advantages and pitfalls
- Indigenous, heritage and endangered languages
- Devising transdisciplinary research projects, which include languages and cultures
- New models for cooperation in translation studies
- New paradigms in language and intercultural/multicultural education
This event will also feature the Academy's Triebel Lecture, celebrating achievement in modern European languages. The Triebel Lecture will be given by Professor Yixu Lu (University of Sydney) on Tuesday 28 November. This is a free public event.
Registrations: Visit LCNAU's website for full details of the program and registation details.