Free public event, Adelaide - Intercultural Intersections presentations
Time and date: 5pm-7pm Tuesday 27 August, 2019
Location: Elder Hall, University of Adelaide, North Terrace Adelaide
Overview: The Intercultural Intersections event will experience Indigenous, migrant and colonial intersections through language discovery and revival, song, sound, music and performance.
This free event, open to the public, will commence at 5pm at the Elder Hall, University of Adelaide. A reception to follow at 6:15pm to announce the nominees for the Academy's 2019 McCredie Musicological Medal.
Hosted by Professor John Griffiths AM Oficial Orden Isabel la Católica FAHA, the program includes the following confirmed speakers:
- Professor Rob Amery — Head of Linguistics, University of Adelaide
- Professor Aaron Corn — Director, Centre for Aboriginal Studies at the Elder Conservatorium of Music
- Dr Camille Roulière — Early career researcher at the J. M. Coetzee Centre for Creative Practice, University of Adelaide
- Dr Clara Stockigt — Early career linguistics researcher, awarded the University of Adelaide’s 2017 University Doctoral Research medal, the 2018 Postgraduate Alumni University Medal an Australian Academy of the Humanities’ Travelling Fellowship in 2019.
- Dr Jula Szuster — Visiting Research Fellow at the Elder Conservatorium of Music and Managing Editor of the Journal of Music Research Online
We are grateful to the University of Adelaide for their generous support of this event.
Registration: This is a free public event, open to all. Click the 'register' button below.