We have initiated a number of research projects in recent years directed at promoting excellence and better understanding the quality and depth of humanities education and research.
In conducting research and informing policy development we work with:
- our Fellows and other humanities experts in Australia and overseas
- Australia’s three other Learned Academies through the Australian Council of Learned Academies (ACOLA)
- our Language Studies Advisory Group on matters concerning Australia’s languages capability
- GLAM Peak (Australia’s galleries, libraries, archives and museums) to support digital access to research collections
- the Research and Innovation Alliance which comprises 16 national organisations who work together on issues relevant to the advancement of research and innovation in Australia
- the National Scholarly Communications Forum, a focal point for discussions about the creation, evaluation and dissemination of knowledge, bringing together researchers, policymakers, university administrators, publishers, collecting institutions and data experts.