Our 50th anniversary partners
We are grateful to the following organisations who have generously supported our 50th anniversary events.
50th Symposium and early career research workshops
The flagship event for our anniversary celebrations is the 50th Symposium — Humanising the Future — to be held 13-15 November, Brisbane. A number of pre-Symposium workshops are being hosted for early career humanities researchers.
- Co-Principal Sponsors — Griffith University, Queensland University of Technology and the University of Queensland
- Associate Sponsor — CQUniversity
- Early career researcher workshops — QUT Digital Media Research Centre
- Destination Sponsor — Brisbane Marketing
International Humanities Summit
The Academy is grateful for the Australian Government Department of Education’s support in hosting an exclusive summit, bringing together international academies and peak humanities bodies to consider how the humanities are organised and supported internationally, and consider future collaborative opportunities.
Knowledge Frontier Forum
The British Academy and the Australian Academy of the Humanities are jointly hosting a special event for humanities, arts and social science Early Career Researchers –the Knowledge Frontiers Forum on the 11-12 November, Brisbane. This event is proudly supported by the Australian Government Department of Education and the QUT Digital Media Research Center.
Free public events
- Gender and the Future Workforce, 22 July Perth — Curtin University and Murdoch University
- Intercultural Intersections, 27 August Adelaide — The University of Adelaide
- Workforce Futures – Humanising our Digital Future, 18 September Sydney — State Library of New South Wales, the University of Sydney and the Australian Council of Learned Academies
- Gender-based Violence, 24 September Sydney — UNSW Sydney