The Ernst and Rosemarie Keller Award
The Australian Academy of Humanities is delighted to announce the inaugural Ernst and Rosemarie Keller Award, which has been made possible by a generous gift
from Rosemarie Keller to commemorate her husband’s distinguished academic career. The obituary of Professor Keller is available here [.pdf 80kb
This award, which will be offered periodically, has been established to support the research activities of scholars domiciled in Australia whose research is concerned with:
- German history, literature, language, politics or culture, or
- German contributions to the history, literature, languages, politics or culture of either Australia or the Asia-Pacific region.
A maximum of $5,000.00 will be granted for the following research activities:
- Workshops involving researchers whose research is concerned with either 1) or 2) above;
- Travelling fellowships for travel within Australia and internationally;
- Masterclasses featuring an internationally renowned research scholar whose research is concerned with either 1) or 2) above.
Supplementation of the funding for this Award is encouraged. Postgraduate students are ineligible to apply for the Award.
The 2014 round of the Ernst and Rosemarie Keller Award is now closed.
Applicants should consult the Rules of the Award [.pdf 133kb
Applicants will need to provide:
- a two-page outline of the research project;
- an itemised budget specifying how the Award will be utilised;
- a copy of the applicant’s Curriculum Vitae, including details of relevant publications;
- a certified copy of the transcript of the applicant’s highest degree;
- contact details for two academic referees, who should not be from the applicant’s department or division.