A tolerant, vibrant and innovative public culture in Australia enriched and enabled by a thriving humanities sector.
The Australian Academy of the Humanities exists to advance knowledge of, and the pursuit of excellence in, the humanities in Australia for the benefit of the nation.
To promote and develop excellence in the humanities in Australia and abroad.
- To foster collegiality within the Fellowship and provide a focal point for the wider humanities community in Australia.
- To support the dissemination of humanities research to demonstrate the value of the humanities to the social, economic and cultural wellbeing of the nation.
- To provide independent and expert advice to improve public debate and public policy.
- To provide leadership in the humanities community in Australia.
- To advance national cultural prosperity through collaborations with allied Australian organisations and other bodies.
- To strengthen the humanities in Australia and abroad through collaborations with allied organisations overseas.
- To support excellent teaching of the humanities at all levels of education in Australia.